Thursday 25 August 2011

Well, I've been a very bad girl. I haven't blogged in an outrageous amount of time, mostly through wallowing in the tragedy that is the current climate with graduates and work success. But no matter, I'm here now!

In the past couple of months I have worked an obscene amount of shifts, all in the aim of paying off my holiday to Jamaica next year. I've also planned things for the next month or so, and planned things for 2012.

I've also bought a few new loves of my life (they are ever changing, I'm so fickle) which I shall introduce the most recent to you.


The raspberry coloured dress is from Rare and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. I haven't decided what to wear it for yet, but it will be for something special. The red dress is an asos brand dress and I intent on wearing it to Manchester for my birthday celebrations on 10th September (24, aaaagh!).

I am going to Panama Hatty's, a mexican restaurant situated on Kings Street. I've heard very good things about this place so I'm really looking forward to going. I've already had a look at the cocktail menu and I want to try them all! I'm looking forward to reveiwing and blogging about it.

I'm doing my 56 mile bike ride on sunday, which I have been training for, and am quite looking forward to now. So far I have managed to raise almost £300 which I am incredibly pleased about, so I will absolutly be blogging about my success (or rather struggles!) about completing this challenge. It is in aid of Help for Heroes, a fantastic charity that looks after injured british soldiers.

This week I went to Manchester to do a bit of shopping and have lunch with my mum. We went to Thomas restaurant in the northern quarter, and it was fabulous. For starters I had Honey crumpet and goats cheese with a roasted tomato pesto. It's one of the best things I have tasted in ages. I love goats cheese, and this truly was fit. I highly reccommend that people visit this restaurant, it is on Thomas Street (Yes, Thomas restaurant on Thomas Street). Expect to pay around £50 for a 3 course meal for two, but I used a groupon voucher which I had purchased prior to visiting the restaurant. I also got a cocktail, I chose a peach bellini which delicious, and garnished with a blackberry which was a nice touch.

I cannot praise enough the use of Groupon. You can get such fantastic deals for restaurants in the city centre, saving you money, and at the same time discovering places that you may not have otherwise ever known about. I always keep my eyes peeled for deals in Manchester city centre.

I've got some things I'm planning soon which I am very excited about and plan to blog about when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment