Sunday 27 November 2011

Richmond Tea Room Review

Ok, so, over the past couple of weeks I have been a busy girly. And I’m going to fill you in what I have been doing. Most notably I have visited a FABULOUS tearoom in Manchester called ‘Richmond Tea Rooms’. I have done some shopping, been to an Ann Summers party where I had a deliciously naughty cake and been planning some awesome trips for 2012.
And now I shall begin.
When: Tuesday 15th November 2011
Where: Richmond Tea Rooms, Richmond Street, Manchester
Who With: My lovely Mother
If you live in/around/near Manchester, you NEED to visit Richmond Tea Rooms. Tucked away in The Village, you wouldn’t know it was there unless you knew it was there. And it is such a treasure to have a found. I plan on revisiting next time I go to Manchester.
It is the most fantastical and quirky tearoom with an Alice in Wonderland/Tim Burtonesque feel and decor about it. I cannot describe it. I shall the photos do the talking.










As you can see it is simply fabulous. Sitting there, all I could do was look around in awe, taking it all in. The detail was incredible and there was also something interesting to look at, such as a vase filled with feathers instead of flowers, which was gorgeous.
Me and my mum had a voucher off Living Social, entitling us to a champagne afternoon tea for the both of us and it was lovely. We arrived at about 1:30 in the afternoon and the tearoom isn’t massive so most of the good tables were taken up but we were perfectly happy where we were seated. We were presented with a tea menu, to select our preferred tea, and not knowing much about tea, I chose to select the Tea Room’s own blend of tea, as did my mum.


It was served to us in lovely vintage-style teapots and cups, with a traditional tea leaves (no pg-tips here!). And below you can see the very generously served glass of champers we were given, which I have to say was amazing. I find a lot of champagnes to be too dry and fizzy, but this was a gorgeous light champagne, I could’ve drank a few more of those!


The actual afternoon tea itself was lovely, although the ratio of cakes to sandwiches was a little bit outweighed by the cakes. We got four finger sandwiches each (and they were small, but delicious). There was smoked salmon and cream cheese, chicken mayo and a fig and goats cheese sandwich, if I’m honest I can’t remember what the last sandwich was! I'm not a big fan of fig, but I LOVE goats cheese, so it was all good in the end.
Cake wise, it was IMMENSE. There were four bite-size miniature cakes each, a tarte shell filled with fresh blueberries and chopped pineapple as well as a fresh scone with a very large dollop of clotted cream and two little pots of jam. All that each!!!  I did take a picture of the actual afternoon tea but my silly computer won't allowe me to rotate it so couldn't put it on. But you can see a bit of it in the picture of the champagne.
A champagne afternoon tea at Richmond Tea Rooms will cost you about £23 each, but the Living Social voucher meant that it was £23 for the both of us. They offer a full menu of a variety of afternoon teas, they also serve sandwiches, soup and jacket potatoes for around £5 - £7 each and the cake cabinet is not to be missed!!! Honestly, you need to visit this place. It is such a wonderful change from the usual Starbucks and Costa Coffees, and is probably the same price, for a much richer experience.
It is so easy to find. If you know Manchester then you go down the street that Yates Wine Bar and the National Express coach station is on and it is literally the second right turn after the coach station. Please go!
Whilst in Manchester I also revisited Primark and picked up a couple of jewellery bargains.




Those earrings are an absolute BARGAIN. They are only £1 each! Go out and get them now! The rings were about £2.50 each and I love them. I plan on wearing them over christmas to bling up my outfits. I'm really gold-toned accessories at the moment. I also bought this Illamasqua nail varnish whilst checking out the newly relocated beauty section in Manchester Selfridges. I am in an eternal search for a dark blue nail varnish that actually looks blue and not black aaaaannnnd.....it's a winner! It was a bit steep, £13 for a nail varnish, I don't normally pay so much for nail varnishes but something came over me and decided to give it a chance.


In other news, check out the amazing cake my friend made for an Ann Summers party I recently attended.


It was a sponge with chocolate chips and a white chocolate frosting topping with marshmallow willies, and it was devine. I also had at the party a bottle of Sainsbury’s own pre-mixed Cosmopolitan, which was delish and only £7.99 for 70cl. You can buy branded pre-mixed cocktails such as Smirnoff for about £15, and I have also tried the tap-bags of Malibu cocktails for about £13 which is equally yummy, but it depends on what your budget is.

My biggest and most exciting piece of news is a trip I have just literally booked today. I am going to the U.S of A next year. Eek! I've never been before and me and 3 mates have booked a two week trip through Trek America travelling around California (LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara) and visiting Yosemite national park, Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. I am so effing excited. I plan on doing a lot of foodie-blog research and cannot wait to report my findings! I travel on the 3rd July 2012 so will be in LA for Independance Day which should brilliant.

So next year I have Jamaica in April and U.S.A in July. Have one or two other things hoping to be planned so I shall keep you posted!




No comments:

Post a Comment