Monday 26 December 2011

It's Chriiiistmaaaas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everybody is having a fabulous time eating, drinking and generally being merry!

Where to begin? In a chronological order I suppose. I've had a wonderful time doing festive things such as Work christmas partys, visiting christmas markets and spending time with friends.

17th December - Work Christmas Party

Oh yes, the annual shin dig organised by moi for my colleagues at work. It was just your standard christmas do, a function room thing but we all had a fantastic time having a laugh and swapping our Secret Santa presents. Here are a few piccies from the night.





My outfit was a bargain from River Island (I know, I know, I've said before, I have a problem!!) I snapped up the dress and shoes from the sale, the dress was £35 knocked down from £60, and the shoes were £30 knocked down from £55. I love a bargain!! The box of wine was my Secret Santa present and saved me a few pennies on the sly haha!

My meal at the party was lovely as well considering it will have been a mass-churned out affair! I had Pate for starters, Roast Ham for my main and Sticky Toffee Pudding for dessert.

18th December - Manchester Christmas Markets

The day after the party I was surprising very fresh! So me and my friend decided to go to the christmas markets in manchester for our annual hotdog! Me and my friend also enjoyed a cherry strudel which was gorgeous, If you have never been to the markets in Manchester then make sure you go next year! One of my friends has just been to Frankfurt in Germany for the christmas markets and she said was brilliant, so that is now on my very long list of places to go!




22nd December - Italian with my friends

Every year me and my friends go to a wonderful Italian in Westhoughton called Casanostra just before Christmas. The food is great and they do a great deal, 3 courses for £11.50. So it's always an affordable affair, leaving more money for drinks! I try to vary my menu choices but you know what it is life, when you don't go somehwere that often, you always go for your favorite! But the problem is I have about 5 favorites!


These prawns were FIT! They were in an amazing white wine and garlic sauce. Just writing about them makes me want them again. I want them NOW! haha.


This Carbonara was equally lovely. Because I'm not a fan of onion, I really hate it when there are massive chunks of onion in a Carbonara, I have no idea if it is supposed to be in there but there wasn't a scrap of onion in sight in this dish which made me a very happy girl! Each year we usually make the mistake of gorging ourselves on garlic bread and our starters so by the time it comes to our main we are usually full, but this year I excercised some willpower, I actually managed to finish my main this year.

And these are my lovely friends.





24th December- Christmas Eve!

Normally on Christmas Eve I stay at home with my family, but this year I decided to go for a few drinks with a couple of my friends. I had a great time without getting too drunk (don't want to ruin my christmas day with a hangover!) We mostly drank Christmas cocktails, largely featuring cranberry juices and the words 'Elf' in the name but they were cheap at only £5 for a pitcher from Yate's!



My playsuit was from ASOS and I got it for £26, although it did later go down in price to £19 but never mind! It is something a little different to what I usually wear but I got a few compliments on it so I may wear it again sometime.

Christmas Presents!

I really had a lovely Christmas day. My day is usually a lazy one as family live a little bit of a drive away so it's me, my brother and our parents for the day, eating and watching christmas telly!

I have been a very lucky girl this year and gotten some wonderful presents. As you can see I was given a Kindle which I am absolutly made up about as I love reading and I think it will come in very handy when I do my bits of travelling next year!


My mum n dad thought it would be funny to give me a toy for christmas and seeing as I used to be mad about Pony's this is what I got!


I always love a bottle of perfume and my brother bought me a bottle of Lady Million (aswell as giving me $80 towards my America trip which was very generous of him!) and my cousin sent me a bottle of Ricci by Nina Ricci which is lovely.





I also got these gorgeous boots from Dune which I LOVE. And this was my present of my friend Emmy, this lovely Urban Decay palette, the eyeshadow shades are stunning.



I have a few other plans yet before the year is out and will be posting about them, so for now, I hope you all continue to have a wonderful Christmas and have a fabulous New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment