Wednesday 19 October 2011

Winter is a'comin

Anyone else feeling the cold edge to the air at the moment? I think winter is finally starting to settle in after the gorgeous weather we had at the beginning of this month. With this in mind, I had a little root through my wardrobe to discover that I didn’t really have any winter weather appropriate clothing, and just as if River Island read my mind, they started their sale.
So I am sharing my purchases with you. Two of them are out of the sale, two of them are not. I’ve become such a bargain hunter of late that I tend to stay away from full priced items, but I really liked these jumpers.  I also snapped up these dark brown fur (faux) lined boots. They had been £50 originally but I snapped them up at £20. River Island had them in grey and beige but I would have gotten them filthy so I opted for the dark brown. I know, I’m so practical.

Me and two of my besties are going shopping on Tuesday in Manchester to raid Primark and I might see what Topshop has got goin’ on in their sale. I think we are planning on having lunch in Wagamama’s. I realise this is a chain but I have never been before so I am keen to try it and will report on my verdict (and any more purchases!). I’ve also just snapped up a voucher off Living Social for a champagne afternoon tea at Richmond Teahouse in Manchester. Now I’ve tried afternoon in The Midland Hotel, which of course was a grand affair, but this teahouse is apparently really quirkly with a Tim Burton/Mad Hatteresque feel to it so I’m really looking to going. I plan on going within the next month so I shall be reporting on that as well.
                                         And let me introduce you to the new love of my life.


Yes, I have gotten myself an iphone 4S, in white. I love it. Even though it took me about 4 hours to set up because my iTunes wouldnt allow the phone to sync. I spent half an hour on the phone to Apple, just for the handheld house phone I was using to go lose battery. I ended up uninstalling iTunes and redownloading it from the Apple website. But now it is set up, I love love LOVE it. I had an iPhone 3GS before, and it was starting to fail on me, so I did need a new phone, and after umming and ahhing about it, I went for the new iPhone, and I’m glad I did.
                                                               Siri, What’s the definition of ‘smug’? 


No comments:

Post a Comment