Wednesday 2 February 2011

A Glutton's Guilt

The other day whilst at the hair dressers I read an article in a magazine about the guilt of eating what we like and the amount of time we spend counting the calories in food. I found the article interesting and it made me question my own attitude towards food. And the result?

                                                    I like food.

Yes, I am unashamedly a foodie, it's just the way I am. Food to me is sociable, enjoyable, delicious and a necessary part of a happy and contented life. I believe that your relationship with food should be a loving one filled with compromise. I don't want to be an old lady before I can enjoy a piece of cake, nor do I want to be doomed to a life of stretchy leggings and baggy tops because I've been too much of a little piggy. So I have to exercise my ass off to fit in my body-con dress, because thought of vegetable soup everyday brings me to tears.

After finishing the article, I realised most significantly, when I really thought about it is that I don't feel guilty when I eat what I enjoy, but I started to feel guilty about not feeling guilty, which is completely outrageous! It made me look twice at my courtesy hot chocolate, but then I thought, Life is just too damn short. And then asked for a second hot chocolate.
                                                                        
        



No comments:

Post a Comment